23 April, 2010

Inspiration welcomed here!

I'll admit, I've been feeling out of sorts for about a month now. What with all of the bad news swirling around (here, there and in the news) ... it has a way to bring you down, ya know?

Yesterday, I decided that I had had enough. I cranked up my praise and worship music and just let the sounds fill my house. Then, while I was eating lunch, I caught up on a missed sermon from a couple of weeks ago and it was just what I needed to hear!

Our pastor preached on "Courage" and how to defeat the 'Goliath's' in your life. It was dead on and I walked away with a fresh word and renewed spirit.

I shared this with my husband last night, and as usual, he sits amazed that I can even be sad, much less on the brink of a depression. Then today, he sent me a video of a former co-worker standing on his artificial legs for the first time. It was remarkable and inspirational, to say the least. The look on this man's face was priceless.

See, this man, Randy's friend, had died. The team at the hospital worked on him a long time to revive him and finally, they did. And while I don't recall all of the facts surrounding his illness, apparently, his body got a severe infection in the process and he lost both of his legs and all of his fingers to the middle joint. But, today, he's standing on artificial legs, bracing himself against a table with hands that do not have fingers. He is a walking miracle.

So, while I've had a major pity party the last month, I realized that I have a lot going for me. For my family... for my future. I'm a child of the most high God and need to start acting like one.

Lord, forgive me for not trusting you, for placing my trust in myself. For seeking peace in a world that has no peace. I pray for your peace. I pray for your wisdom to handle the difficult times. I pray for your supernatural healing over my mind and emotions. In your hand is strength and power, to exalt and give strength to all. I'm worth more to you, than the value I've placed on myself. Help me to shine your bright bold light on those around me. Forgive me Lord. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/23/2010

    Thank you for this one today

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great reminder we can all use!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, that was really good. I needed that too!
    Thank you! Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.