Okay, so Monday, I was hanging out at the house doing a bit of cleaning and the power glitched off because of the passing thunderstorm. No biggie, right?
Wrong.
Remember when I said I was having computer problems a while back? Well, when the power glitched... apparently, so did my computer. So much for fixing the original problem. So, we're in the process... oh, who am I kidding... Randy is in the process of trying to repair it, while I'm on the hunt for parts.
This would be the equivalent to Randy going, to say... HEB and attempting to purchase roasted red bell peppers in a jar. Yep. Nearly an impossible task without help.
So, that's what I'll be doing today. Yay me!
While I'm waiting for my computer to be fixed, I thought I'd hop on Randy's computer and update my blog. Funny thing, is that Randy's computer used to be my computer. Man, this thing is slooooow! Like it took me a whole minute to log onto the internet. Which leads me to my title... WHAT did we do in the nineties before we had high speed anything, much less internet and cool compters, ipods and mobile devices? Oh, yes... we used the telephone. We spoke to people that we knew IRL. Not in cyber life. Ah. How far we've come... Sigh.
I don't begrudge technology. In fact, I embrace it. But, I also like simple. And when your computer dies on you, you get back to simple real fast. It's kind of nice actually.
So, I'm going to visit my hometown over Spring Break and on occassion when I make that trip, I schedule a hair appointment to get my hair highlighted. Gasp! Yes, I lighten my hair! As if you didn't already know. Well, here's the deal. My hair girl decided to switch things up on me and no longer offers the same type of highlighting as she has for umpteen years. She used to pull my hair through the cap and add the solution, heat it up, pull off the cap and BAM... highlights galore.
Well, she doesn't do that anymore. She now uses foil for highlighting. Not knowing this, I allowed her to foil my hair last time and simply put... I was not happy with the outcome. In addition to that, it took TWO HOURS to just put the foil in my hair, not to mention the additional 1 hour to heat, rinse, etc. Blah.
So, I'm torn. I really want highlights, but I want it the old fashion redneck way of pulling it through the cap. Anyone know anyone who does this? Anyone?
I'm tempted to go to the beauty supply store and buy the cap myself and work a little magic here, but something tells me it may not be the best idea I've ever had. Sigh.
Foil is so much better, your girl is just slow :) The pull cap is a more one-dimensional at home look. You can do it easily... just pull little pieces and then pull more if you want. A big clump is a big mess!
ReplyDeletei tried highlighting mine once but couldn't find markers in the right shade of yellow and pink.
ReplyDeleteMy stylist in SA used the cap on me for years... Now it's only foil. Your hair always looks amazing! Good Luck whatever you decide. I tried highlighting myself with not so good results.
ReplyDeleteFoil is better, and the "new" way. Like for 20 yrs! Seriously! LOL. Anyway, she is just learning, that is why it's so slow. My sis can whip it out in like 20 min. Then I'm off to the dryer. Whatever you do, let a professional do it. It's gonna be much better. I promise! (trust me I tried it by myself!)
ReplyDeleteI had Wendy Parker do mine with foil and I loved it! It looks really natural and I love it!!!
ReplyDelete