15 March, 2010

On the Road Again

Have I ever shared with you my deep and abiding love for Willie Nelson? Not lately? I'm sorry, truly I am. And, no, I'm not trying to be funny. I {heart} Willie. I grew up listening to Willie Nelson and in fact, I blogged about it here back in 2006 (ancient history, I know.)

But, I do... love me some of that Willie. And his immortal words of "On the Road Again" could not be more truer than they are today.

Today the girls and I will embark on our annual Spring Break homage to the Golden Triangle, with a couple of stops along the way to visit my friends Cyndi, Leigh Ann and Angie who all live in Houston. I haven't seen these girls in ages and I'm completely beside myself with giddiness at seeing all of them. I'm also anxious to see my folks, since I haven't seen them since Christmastime.

So, we had a nice weekend as a family. Started off at the soccer fields. Elisan had the most beautiful goal in the history of soccer and if I had had my video camera I would have posted it on the web for all of the world to see. But, no. I neglected to bring my camera and so you'll just have to take my word for it.

The remainder of Saturday, was spent being stressed out about trying to prepare for our week long trip, which included preparing Randy for us being gone a week - like finishing ALL of the laundry, bagging his lunch food for the entire week, cleaning and answering a thousand questions about when we were going to pack the suitcases.

Sunday was more of the same, except we were all working on one less hour of sleep. I tried to talk Randy into going to the second service at church, but he wasn't having it. But, on the bright side, we had the whole row to ourselves in church. Apparently some wives have more pull with their husbands when they attempt to talk them into sleeping late. Go figure.

This week, I'm a bit nervous about missing my three favorite shows. 24, Lost and Biggest Loser. I'm hoping our DVR doesn't decide to do anything funky while I'm gone because I just don't think I can watch the episodes online. There's just something about watching Biggest Loser in widescreen HD. When you can see the sweat pouring out of each individual pore of the contestants... well, you just can't beat that kind of television!

And finally, I leave you with this monumental occurrence. We love Kashi Go Lean Crunch Almond & Flax cereal. It's so yummy and as the name says... crunchy! Randy eats it as a dry snack and I eat it with milk (in a bowl... like normal people.) Anyway, well, the truth of the matter is that this cereal gives you a serious case of the winds. There's really no way of getting around that fact. In fact, I DO NOT eat this cereal in the morning so as not to embarrass myself at the gym, while lifting weights, etc... you get the gist. So, last night, Randy was particularly "windy" and was begging for something to relieve his condition. PEOPLE... THIS NEVER HAPPENS! Randy's "windy-ness" is legendary and he
prides himself on it. So, when he asked for some Gas-X, I couldn't get to the medicine cabinet fast enough. It was a banner day at the Wagner household. Just thought I'd share.

Apparently other people have had the Kashi Go Lean Crunch "side effect" too. This one is particularly funny... be sure to read the comments too! I'm posting this link just in case you need some additional reading material today.

Y'all have a great day and I'll check while I'm on the road!

1 comment:

I love comments! Just play nice.