Oh Yeah!That's right people. My gluteus maximus has gotten bigger. And, to be fair, so have my quadriceps. The culprit? Weight lifting... more specifically squats and deadlifts. And because of this...my pants and shorts don't fit right anymore. Oh, they fit in the waist, just not in the rear and thighs.
And this people, is causing me to go into a clothing tailspin (no pun intended... really.) I think I'm going to resort to gym shorts and tee's and tanks this summer. Elastic waistbands and breezy material. I'll be in a perpetual state of fitness wear because it's comfortable and I can sit down without fear of splitting the back seam of my britches.
So until Summer, when you see me wearing pants that are too tight in the bum, remember I've worked hard to achieve it.
Baby's got back.
1st, you look AWESOME!! 2nd, I love those workout shorts! I'm wearing the exact ones in black & white today. How many days a week do you lift?
ReplyDeletevery cool. guessing you're still using Cosgroves program?
ReplyDeleteDan, yes... still doing THE NEW RULES OF LIFTING, but switched to the men's version a while back. I like it and I had a great workout on Tuesday. I bench pressed 2-30lb dumbbells yesterday (that's the highest I've ever benched using dumbbells) and Romanian deadlifted 100lbs. Friday is squat day and last week I lifted 120 and I want to try 140 this week, and bump it down to 130 if that is too much. Anyway, I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
ReplyDeleteAny set goals, or just staying in shape?
ReplyDeleteOh, I have goals. I want to look like Jillian Michaels... hah!
ReplyDeleteI would like to set goals, I'm just not sure how to go about doing it. There are days when I think I've hit my maximum weights and couldn't lift another pound, then two weeks later, I'm breaking the previous weight.
I wonder if I should meet with a trainer, at least a few times to establish some weight lifting goals for myself. I don't know.
Any suggestions?
suggestions...well it comes down to what do you want yourself to look like and what are you going to be doing. If you were involved in a sport of some kind, then there's your reason for training. Otherwise it's all for aesthetics and health, which are not bad reasons to train for.
ReplyDeleteMe, right now I'm doing everything to get in shape for a firefighter training in May. Thus a lot of conditioning and strength training with trying to lose weight. After that I'll reevaluate everything
Maybe you should do some checking into the workouts figure athletes do, aim for that look, realizing you will not get shredded like that without some intense diet work. doesn't just happen. Or if you're really liking lifting the weights get into powerlifting. Randy might get hacked though if you get to where you squat more than him.
And as for looking like Jillian...I can recommend better examples of female trainers.
ReplyDeletePauline Nordin
Jamie Easton
Jelena Abbou
Um... Dan. Let's be realistic! :)
ReplyDeleteI am 37 and I've had two kids. Tummy tucks are not in my future. Your examples are one step away from porn stars, IMHO...
At least Jillian ain't half nekid all over the internet!
Maybe I need to take up a sport... ramp it up a bit. Ah, if only I had the time...
Goodluck on the firefighter training. Will this be a career move or career addition? What made you get into that? I know you are an EMT on the side...
Been a volunteer firefighter for 13 years, this is just an advanced training I've never been to, but a very intense one.
ReplyDeleteAs for having the time, it's all about priorities. We do have to do for our kids and families and God first of course, but you also have to do for you at a certain level to stay sane.