It's "Springtime" around here and that means, our life is about to get hectic... but in a good way!I posted a few weeks ago that I was worried about the snow and our budding tree out in front of our house. But, as you can see... our tree survived "Blizzard 2010" and it bursting forth with flowery buds! I love this time of year!
Last week marked one of the busiest weeks we've ever had. Elisan finished up volleyball, in the midst of the first full week of soccer. Elisan loved volleyball and we are definitely going to sign her up for the Summer season. While we would have liked to have been able to continue volleyball in the Spring, our sanity cannot take two sports at one time. We're setting a precedence now, hoping it will catch on. Ha! Not likely, I'm afraid. Randy hopes to head coach the volleyball team over the summer since he can't function as an assistant coach (or as a side-line dad for that matter.) It's not in his blood. He needs to be all or nothing, which places me in the "team mom" role. (insert sarcasm here) Yay.
Speaking of soccer, the girls had their first games on Saturday. One thing is for sure, soccer IS Elisan's sport. That girl is phenomenal on the field. Even Randy is impressed. Being short doesn't interfere with soccer abilities that is for sure! *smile* And Kyla... well, she's just fast. Give her a couple more years of skill building and she'll be a force to reckon with too! Oh and you know how I mentioned Randy not being able to sit on the side lines? YEP, you guessed it, he is coaching Kyla's team. And me? I'm team mom! (insert sarcasm here) Yay.Don't get me wrong, I love helping out and being apart of their team, but rallying the parents is not the "fun" part. Randy gets to do the fun stuff, while I get to be the bad guy assigning parents to the dreaded concession stand duty.
So, it wasn't enough having two early morning soccer games on Saturday. No, I had to try my hand at canning pickles as well. Because you can never have too much to do... that's my motto. I used this recipe and here's hoping they turn out good. I only canned one quart jar of whole cucumbers and a pint jar of cucumber spears. Here's hoping they'll be yummy. Oh and here's a tip... when searching for a recipe for canning cucumbers, don't search under "pickles"... search under "cucumbers"... that's an FYI from a blond girl.
Speaking of blond... I asked my mom if she would highlight my hair while I'm in town for Spring Break and she said "NO WAY, NO HOW." Sigh...And finally, I leave you with this totally unsolicited note from my sweet baby Elisan. I walked in from the gym one morning and this is what I saw. We've been leaving love notes for each other ever since!
Y'all have a good one!
I love the note!
ReplyDeleteGo Team Mom! Hey, it's kinda cool that you all are doing the whole thing as a family. Your girls will treasure these moments their whole life.
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted on your cucumbers! ;)
A precious note for sure - I loved when the kids started writing - its so much fun leaving and getting notes. In fact one year half of the treats in their advent calender were notes telling them where to look for the real present. But this was also because I had not bought everything in time that year - CLEVER wasn't it??
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the cucumbers - looks good and so does the active girls. HUGS