Yesterday the 3rd grade class had a field trip to see the Nutcracker at the Bass Concert Hall in Austin. Afterwards, the plan was to have lunch at the Olive Garden.
Parents were invited to attend the lunch, but not the ballet due to limited seating in the auditorium. Elisan was excited that I was going to have lunch with her, but did indicate that she wanted to sit by her friends.
Well, as you can imagine, Olive Garden at lunch was packed. Olive Garden filled with 35 3rd graders was crazy. Olive Garden filled with mothers (and even some fathers) who wanted to have lunch with their adorable children was chaos.
Long story short, we didn't end up sitting by her friends. In fact, we sat by one of my mom friends whose daughter is in the other 3rd grade class and another family who's child is fairly new to our school.
Well, you would have thought I had publicly humiliated her. She was so angry with me that I had to take her into the bathroom so we could settle the dispute in private. After I explained to her the why's and how's of the situation, she understood, but she was still sulking. No longer glaring at me, but still sulking still the same. Man... what I thought was going to be a fun, festive day, turned sour in a second. I completely understood her pain and would have loved to have accommodated her, but it was just not possible.
I wonder if she gets that attitude from me. Well, in fact, I know she does... (Sigh...) I'm happy to report that by the end of the lunch, she was all smiles, playing and goofing off with the other two girls.
I'm the same way about that kind of stuff too. Once I vent and it's all out in the open, it's all good... Randy has come to accept that about me. Maybe I should wrap my brain around the fact that Elisan is cut from the same cloth as I am and needs to get angry, vent, sulk and get over it.
Be sure to check out Goodwill Gal too! I'm posting for the 25 Days of Christmas Blogging Challenge there as well! Today's posting: HATS!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Just play nice.