Quick! Do you need a super fast last minute gift idea?
On Friday, one of the kids at school was wearing a scarf made out of fleece material. By taking one quick look at the scarf I decided that the girls would love a super soft fleece scarf to wear and that it would be our weekend craft project!
Off to the store we went! As you know, fleece blankets are very popular right now. Just look at the SNUGGIE rage... and the homemade Snuggie rage! So, as you can imagine there are bolts and bolts and bolts of fleece out there to choose from.
The fleece was around $7.50/yard at Walmart. I only needed 2 feet of fleece since I was only making two scarves. You can make them as fat or as skinny as you want. I would rather start off fat and then trim off as I deemed necessary.I cut the fabric in half --lengthwise, then added "fringe". You could cut the fringes longer and tie off each individual fringy, but the girls didn't want their fringes tied.
I kinda like this idea! I'm thinking a funky houndstooth print for me! Maybe after Christmas I'll make one for myself!
Be sure to check out Goodwill Gal too! I'm posting for the 25 Days of Christmas Blogging Challenge there as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Just play nice.