01 December, 2009

Christmas Challenge! Day 1

Today marks the beginning of my annual Christmas Blogging Challenge! There will be no prize at the end of the 25 days, but I can guarantee that you will be glad you are not pressured to post a blog entry once it is all over. Speaking of pressure... there is none, at least not from me. All that pressure you would feel from joining in on the blogging challenge would be self imposed. So... with that said, let the fun begin!

Today I have a story to tell that has a happy ending. It is not a Christmas story, only a story that has meaning and a teachable moment delivered by yours truly!

Around the end of September I lost one of my sets of keys. Yes, I have two sets of keys. I'm a bit anal like that. Anyway, unbeknownst to me, I lost a set at the soccer field. I know you are wondering how did that happen? Wouldn't I have needed my keys to drive home? Why, yes, I would, except for the fact I had BOTH sets with me and I simply fished out the set of keys in my purse (rather than the one laying on the ground) and was on my way. It wasn't until about a week later, I realized I couldn't find my other set of keys. Argh!

I searched high and low without any clue as to where they could be. I was very unhappy with the prospect of not ever finding my keys. Then, low and behold, about a month later, I get a call from an employee at my church and he said that a man called the office saying that he found a set of keys and on the key ring was a Celebration Church ID number and was there anyway that number could be looked up. To make a long story short... I got my keys back! Whoohoo! Thank God for people who take the time and effort to do something nice for someone else!

Teachable moment: I decided that I did not want to go through the stress of losing my keys again! That same evening that I got my keys back, I got an email from www.artscow.com for custom "dog tags" for $1.99/each with free shipping, so I decided right then and there to order two dog tags with my contact information on them. (See photo) So, now, if I lose my keys again, all anyone would have to do is email or call me! Hello! Lightbulb moment!

Sidenote: This really goes without saying, but if you ever wanted to get something similar for your keys, please do not put your home address! Duh... Erica...!

And secondly, sign up for Arts Cow's email specials. They have incredible deals all the time (and I'm really particular about that kind of thing...)

Now, see... that wasn't that hard. Get busy on your 25 days of blogging this December! It will be fun! And don't forget to check out my new blog GOODWILL GAL as I will be posting 25 Days of Blogging there as well!

Until tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. Dan Reeves12/01/2009

    Haven't blogged seriously in a while. Think I'll take you up on the challenge. First one will be about my lost keys fiasco I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/01/2009

    The last time I lost my keys, it took two days to find them in my husband's shorts pocket that I had actually stepped on while looking on the first day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know I am joining you in the blogging BUT on one blog only - but then - I blog in two languages - guess that counts for something too.

    Gr8 idea about the keys, however, Denmark being a small country it would not work here - people could look up your private address if they had your phone no (mobile too) or e-mail address.

    But glad it works for you. Start looking for the mailman - he should be just around the corner - and who knows maybe even in time for your b-day. =0)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.