Hello World! How was your weekend? We had a good weekend. Nothing too spectacular, but nice all around!Saturday was spent doing piles and piles (and piles) of laundry from the entire week! Since I began working, I don't have the time (or effort or energy) to do laundry in the afternoons, so I've allowed it to pile up until Saturday. I'm not jazzed about spending the entire Saturday doing laundry, but it is a sacrifice I'm willing to make!
Randy gave us girls our Valentine's day goodies. He got the girls both a shirt and a box of chocolates. Yum for me! Um, I mean...yum for them! He got me an iTunes gift card which is pretty cool b/c I was just browsing iTunes for some cool new workout music. I love the hour long cardio re-mixes that are played in step classes. I want to buy something like that, but everything I find on iTunes is lame. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a really cool (preferably 90's music!) cardio remix?
Later that afternoon, we took a family trip to Sam's. Yes, we are so much fun, I know. You are jealous, aren't you? I'm glad Randy takes these trips with me because we spent $175.00 and only bought a handful of items. It is shocking to him and I'm glad. See, the thing is... I can spend well over $200.00 a week on groceries. He never complains about it, but I know he has to wonder why I spend so much money every week. I spend that much money because I cook every night. Well, every night, with the exception of Saturday night... that is our family date night. Plus, I make four lunches Monday through Friday and that adds up quick! So, realistically, spending $200.00 is pretty awesome, I'd say!
After our trip to Sam's, we had dinner at Jason's Deli, one of my favorite restaurants of all time and ate waaaay too much, but I ordered the salad bar, so that's 'okay', right?
Sunday we went to church and it was awesome! Later that day, I brought the girls on a shopping excursion to spend the $5.00 they received from their Granna and Grand-d for Valentine's day. I was so proud of them... They combined their money and bought a together gift to make their money go further. Now, that takes maturity! Let's see how that works out for them in the long run... Here's hoping it does!
Sunday night was finished off with me volunteering in the church nursery. Time flies by when you are in a room with 8 infants! Whew! It was fun, but quickly reminds me how time consuming teeny tiny babies are. It also reminds me that I'm very content with my 5 and 7 year old girls!
Today is President's day and the girls are out of school for this holiday. I'm missing work today, but will make up my time on Friday (the day that I am usually off). I love my job in that I have some flexibility. It makes a difference to our family when I can be there for my girls. Plus, it makes my going back to work an easy transition for them. We're very blessed!
Speaking of the girls being out of school today... I promised them a picnic and a day in the park, but looking outside, it looks icky! I may end up resorting to a trip to McDonald's instead. Trust me, they'd be just as happy with going to McD's as they would be going to the park. Especially since we hardly ever go there anymore. Something about eating a french fry and having an aftertaste that lasts a little too long...
On that note... have a great President's day!
We were planning a trip to the park today too. With the rain we've shifted to checking out the $1 theater. Have a fun day off!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a nice weekend. We went to IKEA to get me yet another shelf for my scraproom - as I keep finding stuff I didn't unpack during the "total makeover". Strange to see that everything scrap nearly found its way to the shelves by itself and some books, cd's etc. is hiding in boxes now 2 months after . I WONDER WHY. Saturday Mie came for dinner and we made cards for her sisters wedding anniversary. Great fun and Sunday I phoned a friend and asked her to come and play on Wednesday evening. Looking forward to that.
ReplyDeleteExcept for the laundry part, sounds like you had a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteHusband had the day off yesterday, but I didn't, so he stayed home with Anja. They even went on a "date" to Barnes and Noble. :)