11 February, 2009

Boy Gentleman

This morning as the girls hopped out of the vehicle and raced to the front door of the school, a young man who had to be about 10 years old was waiting for them so he could hold open the door for them to enter the building.

If I had to say one thing about the school I send my kids to is this... they teach manners! I have had more doors opened for me by little boys at that school than I have in my recent memory of grown men in public. Isn't that awesome? A school that teaches young boys to be respectful? To have manners? What a novel concept! But, it's not just the boys... it's the girls too. Saying yes ma'am and no ma'am, yes sir and no sir are not only taught, it is expected! I love that what we teach our kids at home is also being taught in school.

I hope manners never go out of style!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Just play nice.