20 November, 2008

'Tis the season for giving!


My mama always told me it's better to give than to receive. And, I'm pretty sure y'all's mama said the same thing!

So, in celebration of my upcoming 600th blog entry... (yes, 600th!) I'd like to give away some of my time and talent to one lucky individual!

I'm giving away 30 (4x6 size) photo Christmas cards (design shown) with envelopes. All you have to do, is leave a comment on this entry for your chance to win. I'll draw a random winner on Wednesday, November 26th (6:00 p.m CST) and post the results that evening.

Now, for the fun part... your comment!

When you enter to win, please post 5 things you are thankful for.

9 comments:

  1. I am thankful for our friendship!
    I am thankful for my family.
    I am thankful for my saviour.
    I am thankful for my church.
    I am thankful for husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good, clean mammogram
    my kids
    my husband
    friends like you
    a good book

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband - what would it all be like without him? Even better, he doesn't get mad when I've had a rough day and tell him I just want to pick up fast food instead of cooking.

    A good friend that lives right across the street, and always knows the right time to call and ask if we want to meet at the park.

    Blogs, like yours, that have really helped me feel not-so-alone in this stay-at-home mom world.

    A warm house full of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on a cold day.

    An early bedtime for children! It's 6:35 and one is down and the other is on her way within an hour.


    Today has been rough, and these are what's gotten me through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/20/2008

    I'm Thankful for:
    A Saviour who knows me by name.
    A daughter who had grown to
    be my bestest friend,
    Granddaughters who make me laugh.
    This time of year to stop and count our blessings...
    Friends who know all my secrets and still love me.
    AND LAST BUT SURELY NOT LEAST
    THE USA...GOD BLESS US ALL.
    MIMI43grlz

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could I limit it to 5?
    I'm thankful for mercy and grace.
    I'm thankful for becoming a mom at 47 to the happiest girl in the world.
    I'm thankful for a husband who loves the Lord, balances the checkbook, pays the bills and keeps us out of debt.
    I'm thankful for Christian parents who are still kicking (and arguing!) at age 90 and 92.
    I'm thankful for precious friends, who mean more to me than they could ever know.
    I'm thankful that the big-daddy dear I hit last night was not on the freeway as I was going 70.
    See I can't keep it to just 5...sorry. Blessed thanksgiving...love your blog!
    Lisa (Kristi's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for...
    My God
    My husband and kids
    My great friends and family
    Our free country
    Our Church
    Your great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congrats on 600!

    I'm thankful for:

    1. God

    2. My Family

    3. My good friends who are there when I need them.

    4. My Job being extra profitable in these hard times.

    5. My health... because I sure don't do much to keep it up! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Erica-
    I am thankful for:
    1. My 3 healthy children
    2. That I get to be a SAHM
    3. My relationship with my Mom
    4. My house
    5. All my wonderful friends

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I thought I had a lot of comments, but you have me beat!

    I'm thankful for:
    1. God (where would any of us be without him?)
    2. My kids -- they're the most precious things in my life.
    3. My husband -- he keeps me sane.
    4. Family - I have a very close family who would do anything for me (and vice versa)
    5. Friends -- gotta love fun get-togethers w/crazy, funny people


    Do you notice when you get it down to the basic 5...there's very few, if any, material things. I don't want to stop at 5, though. There are so many more things to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.