I've been taking a hiatus from the 'doom and gloom' we call the news media for the past two weeks and let me say, it has been liberating! That is not to say I'm burying my head in the sand, although I wish some days I could!
However, I happened upon an article today that caught my attention. It said that the United States could be heading for a cycle of deflation. It went on to say consumer prices dropped 1% in October.
So, correct me if I'm wrong... this is a bad thing? I realize there is a cyclical effect... consumer spending down -- consumer pricing goes down to draw the consumer back in. Consumers decide they'd rather save their money--businesses suffer because of the lack of consumers, etc. etc. I get that part.
But, saving $2.00 on the same gallon of gas I bought just 5 months ago? That's awesome. And spending less on the same amount of groceries I bought 3 months ago? That's even better... because, you know... we still have to eat!
I think we've finally had an "A-ha" moment in that we don't need that iPhone, or 3rd pair of black boots, or Coach purse, or bi-monthly trip to the nail salon, or $150 cut and color, or $80.00 pair of jeans, or blah, blah, blah... Perhaps this crisis in our financial markets will turn us into good stewards of our money. Perhaps?
And, while you're at it... why not begin investing in your local church? In addition to your tithes, how about give offerings? Give like you've never given before. God so desires to pour out his blessing upon us, if we only give Him the chance.
Will you give him the chance to bless you?
Oh honey, you took the words right out of my mouth! Amen, sister, Amen!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day.
Michelle
It is about time us Christians reevalute the way we see the world around us and the stewardship we have been given..I agree AMEN.
ReplyDeleteHow can HE trust us with much when we can't handle little? TRAINING!!
"Clean this old house-Heavenly chaos" to quote a near and dear..
Mimi43grlz
I absolutely agree ~ I hope this has been a wake-up call to our entire country! There is a huge difference between "wants" and "needs."
ReplyDelete