22 October, 2008

Total Brainwashing

I blame this on my husband, so here I go!

I'm going to give you the breakdown of my husband. He is a gun-toting libertarian redneck. I don't know how I missed all of this before we got married. Must have been the stars in my eyes that got in the way. (Naw, I'm joking... Love you long time, baby!)

But seriously, back to Randy... he is very opinionated and daily brainwashes Elisan into believing just as he does. I'm not as focused in my attempts at brainwashing, or rather de-sensitizing Elisan to Randy's beliefs, so Randy clearly has the advantage over me. If anything, I just want her to be balanced and accepting of other people's beliefs and views. I think that will carry her a long way and help her to avoid playground arguments this coming election season.

Elisan brought home a worksheet assignment this week regarding the election process. Her assignment is to contrast and compare the candidates.

Oh boy.

I told Randy that this was going to be his assignment to help her with, because rest assured, my contrasting and comparisons would not meet his expectations. I warned him to keep it on a second grade religious school level, please!

Luckily for him, there is a third candidate section for a write in candidate and I know he intends to write Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate's name there. I'm just glad there IS a third candidate section because I can just see him writing a note to the teacher stating that "Elisan will not be forced to choose between a two party system!"

So, I can't wait to see what he tells Elisan to write on that worksheet. I'm sure Elisan's teacher will have a new appreciation for her... I'm almost positive.

And I leave you with this...

The other day we were in the van on the way home from school talking about one of Elisan's friends from church. We were kidding around that Elisan could go and live with her friend and attend her school, etc., etc. And she said, "But mommy... she goes to a republican school!"

(Okay, she meant public school, but do you see what I'm talking about? She has politics on the brain! And... she's sad because her friends go to government run schools. She has the making of a Libertarian afterall...)

Afterthought: 28 years ago, I was in second grade during the election of Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. Hmmm...

1 comment:

I love comments! Just play nice.