Over the weekend, my folks came to our house for a visit. The girls and I had been looking forward to their visit because we haven't seen them since late July. But, truth be told, we were especially looking forward to meeting their newest addition - a seven month old Maltese puppy they rescued from the Humane Society.As you know, I've been pondering the idea of getting a puppy. I have even been cleaning up and clearing out some of our stuff and selling it on Craigslist.com to save up enough money to buy one. I've checked out library books on training and scoured the internet trying to determine the right breed for us and looking for reputable breeders.
So, when my mom and dad came for a visit and brought their new dog "Buddy" with them, I was thrilled because it would give me a peek into how the girls would react to a dog in the house. Kinda like "pet borrowing" for a weekend.
Buddy was great! He has a sweet personality and calm disposition. He never barked and was a lovable dog. Elisan loved Buddy and had a lot of fun with him. Kyla liked the idea of Buddy, but was still a little scared of him because he wanted to play and jump a little more than she cared for.
All and all, it was a great time... but I've decided we just aren't ready for a dog, and for two reasons! I want Kyla to fully embrace a puppy. I don't want her to be scared of any animal I bring into the house. And second... puppies are a lot of work! I am just now experiencing a little "freedom" with both girls in school and getting a puppy would tie me down again. So..., no dog for us at this moment. Maybe in a few years? Maybe.
Now, I have a wad of cash I don't know what to do with. Perhaps I'll invest in the stock market...
My accountant FIL just bought a butt load of stock, I say stock market too.
ReplyDeleteHaha! Oh, the stock market...
ReplyDeleteThat's really great that you were able to get the experience before making a final decision. I would relish my freedom, too.
He looks SOOO cute - but don't ever forget mums seem to end up with all the work and walks.
ReplyDelete