And as a 'chronic on-time arriver', my friends automatically know it is me, when the doorbell rings precisely on time.
I cannot stand being late and if possible, I will arrive early. Thank GOD my husband is a 'chronic on-timer' too, because I could foresee many an arguments involving leaving the house, in plenty of enough time, to arrive on time.
Perhaps that is why I am so impatient? Because I don't like waiting. Ever. I don't even like to wait to leave the house. I'd rather get in the car and begin our journey to our destination and arrive...early!
I share my 'chronic on-time arriver syndrome' with my BFF Cyndi. She has even been chastised by a friend of hers because she is always on time. That makes me sad. To a person who is not an on-time arriver, they have no idea of the planning it takes to get everyone organized and out the door in enough time to arrive on time. It takes careful thought and preparation!
So, invite me to your party! Just know, that I will arrive on time. Every time.
(Oh and I absolutely cannot stand invites that say, "7:00 p.m. - until the party is over" Argh! There is nothing more frustrating to a 'chronic on-time arriver!' That is because, we like to leave on time too!)
Too funny!!!
ReplyDeleteRight there with you. But I will admit that, because I hate arriving on time and surprising the host who didn't seem to think anyone would actually be on time and standing around staring at them while we wait for other folks to arrive, that I now often intentionally arrive a few minutes late. And I'm still the first to arrive!
ReplyDeleteYou're ALWAYS welcome at my house - just a pity we are SO far apart. I really dislike it when people are not on time - in our family we have a couple we always invite on a different time than everyone else. RUDE - I know - but at least that makes them arrive "on time" instead of 30 minutes later than everyone else.
ReplyDeleteBTW - how was your stamping and card course - do tell !!! I had a friend over to scrapbook and finally finished some old UFO's.
ReplyDeleteEveryone does know how hard it is to get your act together and out the door on time, believe me. They are all in awe of it, actually.
ReplyDeleteI'm married to someone who is 30 min. late and am proud I can usually get us out the door and somewhere 10 min. late.
His parents are worse. They've been known to be TWO HOURS late. I can't tell you how mad that made me. So much so that now my MIL won't be late for me. She doesn't want to piss me off again.
You are sooooo right that it is a blessing that your husband is also a chronically on-time person. My husband is not, and I am, and we fight about it all the time. I even told him right before we got married that if there was ONE thing he could do to keep me happy, it would be to be on time. Let's just say I'm not happy very often...
ReplyDeleteI think it's very disrespectful when people show up late (especially when they do it continuously). Like Charlie, we have certain friends and family members that get the "30 minutes earlier" invitation. And even then they're not always on time. Frustrating!