23 January, 2008

I'm not a paper crafter

I am not a paper crafter. I'm more of a computer graphics dabbler.

But, I was inspired by this layout, knowing that it was simple enough to experiment with. Here is my version.

I'm going to a Stampin' Up card making party on Sunday, hosted by Anna. My friend Kristi is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator. I thought it would be a good idea to familiarize myself with stamping again so I don't look like an imbecile in front of the experienced paper crafters!

I love the idea of stamping, but I really don't like doing it. See... the problem is that I'm a perfectionist in many ways. I don't like stamping a cock-eyed image onto a card that is complete. I know... I know... stamp the image, then affix it the card... yeah, I know. But, I forget that very important step, most if not all of the time.

So, anyway... Kristi, you should be VERY proud of the above card. I was thinking of you the whole time.

4 comments:

  1. very cute card. I am proud of you. I am so glad you are coming to the class. I hope you have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! You'll have super fun at the class. Good mom time.

    LA

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can now change your title to "I AM a paper crafter". Looks cute - I looove to stamp as you know - but I do recognize the feeling you describe. That's why I always stamp on "something" I can later affix to my card. And the colouring in part takes me RIGHT back to my childhood days. Even the hizzy fit I get when I get a colour on the wrong side of the lines is the same. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.