I have an amazing aunt who makes the most incredible hand painted ornaments. Each year, she designs an idea, buys the wood, traces the shapes, cuts the wood with her jig saw, paints the ornaments and hands them out to each child in our extended family - which, including great-grand children is well past thirty kids.
Not to mention, she gives these hand-painted gems to friends, her grandkids' teachers and classmates, each year as well. I'd estimate to say that through out the year, she makes nearly 75-100 ornaments.
She says is therapeutic. I say... sell them on eBay. She says, no way... it's fun and it her way to extol the joy of Christmas.
So, in honor of my aunt Tonna, here are a few samples of her Christmas ornaments. (In a few more years, her ornaments will encompass my entire tree!)
This year, she is doing a manger scene. I can't wait to add it to our collection.
How beautiful!!! I'd buy one:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat tradition!
ReplyDeleteThose are gorgeous. I love that she does it for so many and only to share the Christmas spirit. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGee that's one AMAZING aunt indeed.
ReplyDelete