I have come to the conclusion that I am not the only person in this house to have PMS. It's official... Elisan now has PMS too.
The last two days after school, the child has been so weepy. Like for no reason. Seriously. None.
When I asked her why she was crying today, the only straight answer I got out from her is that her eraser at school is almost gone and she is afraid to use it, for fear that she will not get a replacement eraser.
I told her to bring an eraser from home. She said in her blubbering gibberish that "We can't bring one from home. The teacher won't allow it." Then, I suggested her bringing one of those erasers that top the pencil, and she blubbered on, "She'll take it off and throw it in the trash."
I'm almost certain (...no, I'm 100% certain...) that none of the above would actually happen, but how do you rationalize with a blubbering six year old who has PMS?
The same way you rationalize with a 35 year old woman who has PMS... you DON'T.
Hey, Both of my girls have PMS--my husband is doomed! I think it all relates to those beautiful female hormones!! :)
ReplyDeletetoo funny! Just tell her to not make any mistakes and she won't need an eraser.
ReplyDeletePoor her - maybe she's just getting hyper about xmas and this is the way it shows. But you're right - sometimes it's best not to try and solve it.
ReplyDelete