18 December, 2007

Christmas Challenge- Day 18


Those who personally know me, know that I shop at Goodwill. And, don't think I don't notice the sideways glances y'all give me when I talk about shopping at Goodwill.

But, as you know, I've found awesome stuff there, including my Dooney and Bourke purse that I bought at Goodwill last year for $5.99.

Over the weekend, I found the most adorable dollhouse for the girls (circa. 1991) for only $4.99. Here's a picture of KM with her new dollhouse.


Maybe it is the thrill of the hunt! Much like people who spend their days garage sale-ing. Whatever it is, I love my Goodwill. One woman's junk (or too tight clothes) is another woman's treasure!

Oh, and I'll let you in on a little secret... in the picture of the girls and me in yesterday's post... we're all wearing something from Goodwill.

That's about $12.00 worth of clothing purchased at Goodwill.

5 comments:

  1. TOTALLY agree with you. Way too much stuff is not recycled and especially toys should be. I am such a believer in NOT getting rid of stuff and now Elias is actually playing with Lego that used to belong to his Mum and Aunt - how's that for getting your moneys worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant- I can never find anything good, it is always random junk when I go, so I just stopped. Yea for you for finding the hidden prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I never found anything at that Goodwill when I lived there. Maybe I will in March.

    LA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been there except to donate; however, my friend shops there and usually finds Ralph Lauren and all other brand names with tags still on them...I am just not a "digger" and dont you really have to dig to find all the good stuff?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.