Congratulations to those who have stuck it out this far in the "25 Days of Bloggin' Challenge"! I've found that it isn't that hard to blog everyday - even if it is something trite and useless.
Mrs. C, over at Babes In Sugar Land had a great idea. She did a weekend wrap-up, so that is what I will do as well.
I finally got all of my Christmas shopping done! Whew! It did take two different outings on two different evenings to get the job done, though. This is the first year I have not been able to buy presents with at least one of them. Kyla is finally at the age where she will tell you what was bought, the minute she sees you. Elisan can keep a secret, but rarely am I with Elisan without Kyla.
I totally blew my budget for the girls. After shopping around, I realized that my budget wasn't going to suffice. The older they get, the more expensive their toys get. Not to mention clothes! Wow.
Elisan lost her second tooth on Saturday. This tooth has been loose since August. Yes... you read correctly, August. She's not one to rush things. So, Elisan put her tooth under her pillow and the tooth fairy paid Elisan a visit Saturday night. Let me say for the record... whoever dreamed up the idea that placing your arm underneath your child's head to retrieve a lone itty bitty tooth was insane. (I may need to invest in a tooth fairy pocket pillow that she can hang on her door!)
Our favorite restaurant opened up a location in our town. Folks, I've been waiting for years for a Wing*Stop location near me. And, finally, it's here. So, Randy and I ate hotwings until our fingers were red and stained. YUM! (BTW, I don't recommend hot wings if you are seriously on a diet. We're talking like 3000 calories! I'll be hitting the gym hard on Monday.)
Sunday was church. Here is a picture of the girls and me before we headed out the door. (And yes... that is BIG Texas hair I'm sporting.)
Sunday, I brought the girls out to do some Christmas shopping. The lines were horrendous. It was terrible. But, we had to buy a couple of things for Daddy, so it was necessary. Then, we met Randy for dinner at our favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, Chuy's. (Yes... the gym, I know!!)
After dinner, I headed out to finish my last bit of shopping, sans girls. I was home in record time, with enough time, to help putting the girls to bed.
It was a good weekend. Very busy, but fun-filled.
sounds like you had a good weekend too!!:) LOVE the outfit!!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you and the girls. Its a keeper for sure!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to get me some Chuy's in March. I am so wanting some good Tex Mex and BBQ. I gotta say that the KC BBQ doesn't live up to TX BBQ.
Thanks for passing the challenge to me - we're doing good here in DK as quite a group of ladies are blogging away happily and lots of nice stuff is being shared with fellow scrappers - GREAT FUN.
ReplyDeleteFORGOT to write - PLEASE don't buy a pillow - by the time her next tooth is ready to move - I will have one ready for her.
ReplyDeleteI did not do this particular challenge; but I set a goal for myself that I would start blogging everyday. I broke that goal because sometimes I just dont know what to talk about. When you know people are reading you hate to put something with "no meaning"! I am just not a great writer anyway. I vow to start posting those journals as much as possible--that is my new goal :) Have a good one.
ReplyDelete