Being stubborn and bull-headed is one of my strong suits. Not, that it is something to be proud of, though. Of course, being stubborn and attempting to outlast your opponent, or in this case... your husband, does have it's advantages.
However, a word of caution. Be prepared to suffer in your pursuit of who is more stubborn and bull-headed.
No need to get into the gory details, but Randy and I had a pretty nasty fight two nights ago. What began as a rational conversation while were were lying in bed, ended in a full-blown-knock-down-drag-out-fight.
As I mentioned, no need to get into the details of the fight, but let it be known, that I jumped up out of bed, said a few choice explicatives (oh yes, I know...classy...) and stormed downstairs to the couch.
After I settled down from my furor, I realized that I was on.the.couch. Not in my nice warm bed. I was on the most uncomfortable couch with barely a blanket. I briefly thought about using the bed in the spare bedroom, but quickly decided against it, because it is also functioning as the Christmas gift and gift wrapping station.
So, there I was... on the couch. And let me tell you... you could not have dragged my booty up those stairs. So, I stuck it out the entire night.
Yep. I won. I won the most bull-headed woman award. Again.
I so totally rock, don't I?
P.S. - For those who care... all is well in the Wagner household again. Once I blow off steam, all's good.
You're SO totally human - that's what you are...!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope your DH missed having you next to him as much as you missed YOUR BED!
Blowing off steam is what makes marriages last. I for one never run out off steam, however, I do use it more sparingly now than when I was younger. The humidity was not good for the house! ;o)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIn fact - I will share this one with you (and I guess the entire world...)32 years back, having only lived together for a few weeks I stormed out of our house one late evening, only to find that I had NO idea where I was and since this was WAY before mobile phones no way to call home. In my dreams DH would come running after me and begging me to come home but after freezing my b.. off for 1½ hours I finally found the way back to our street. I found him in the kitchen doing the dishes (that was before dishwashers too) and all he said was "I didn't want to leave the house - in case you phoned to say you were lost, and since I had nothing else to do I might as well do the dishes." That was my first and last dramatic exit !!!!
ReplyDelete... BUT we lived happily ever after.
I'll keep this in mind as my guest bed is also a big gift wrapping explosion!
ReplyDelete