28 September, 2007

We're Whataburger Kinda People

Randy's company picnic was held at Seaworld in San Antonio last weekend.

Because Randy is a manager, he had to be at the picnic on both days - Saturday and Sunday, which was really nice for us!

The company also generously paid for all of the managers to spend the night in a hotel in San Antonio. Scratch that... no, it was a resort. A real resort. Luxury white robes in the closet kind of a resort.

So, we arrive and Randy gets us checked in and all that stuff. He said the place was so fancy, he hardly even knew where to check in. How crazy is that?

We get to our room and we have a fabulous view of the courtyard and hill-side golf course. The rooms are beautifully decorated, complete with marble floors and granite countertops in the bathroom. Elisan even commented on how fancy it was.

I pulled out the room-service menu as I was browsing the brochures and I happened upon the breakfast menu.

Sliced Banana - $2.00
Strawberries - $5.00
2 Waffles - $7.50
You get the gist...

There was some kind of fancy bottled water in our room - $5.00 per bottle. The wet bar didn't even have prices on the items in there, but I'm guessing there was at least $500.00 worth of snacks in there - (well, $500.00 for THEM... $50.00 for HEB)

The next morning, as we were getting ready to leave, Randy asked me if I wanted to eat breakfast at one of the six restaurants at the resort. I laughed and said, "What? Pay 40 bucks for breakfast? No thanks."

So, we checked out and looked for breakfast restaurant. Lo and behold, down at the bottom of the hill, was a Whataburger. Randy asked me if that looked okay to me and I said, sure.

He then said, "Let's face it, hun. We're Whataburger kinda people."

Sigh...so true. So true.

1 comment:

  1. what resort did you stay at? Where are pics?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.