21 August, 2007

One last hurrah...

Since our traveling is limited during the school year... what with family living five hours away and Fall soccer games starting up in two weeks... I decided to take the girls on one last trip to visit friends and family.

Our first stop, was Houston to visit my closest friend, Mrs. C. We spent two nights there and had a great time. The kids played beautifully and Mrs. C and I actually had time to visit and catch-up. While there, we ventured out to the Houston Children's Museum and nearly floated away in the flood waters from Tropical Storm Erin.

On Friday, we continued our travels to my hometown. The girls spent the night with Randy's folks and my parent's and I went out to eat. It was the first meal in a long time where I was able to sit and enjoy my food. I had forgotten what that was like!

Saturday, my mom and I did some shopping on Tax-Free weekend and found a few bargains. And, then I visited my friend Angie and her new baby Reed. He is really precious and sweet! We also had dinner together... ANOTHER meal sans kids! It was nice.

Sunday, my brother and his family came over and we celebrated both Elisan's and my nephew, Brady's birthdays with ice cream cake (super easy to make!) and presents.

Monday, we headed home. It's always nice to visit, but it's nicer to come back home. Randy was waiting for us and the girls were so glad to see him.

Today... it's back to the daily grind. This is Elisan's last week before school begins, so I'm sure we'll be swimming as often as possible. We'll also be heading to the gym so I can work off the pounds I'm sure I put back on while we were away.

The countdown begins!

3 comments:

  1. We a had a GREAT time with you all:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small world! We were at the Houston Children's Museum today -- Caroline spun those same wheels and sat in that same hand chair. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip before the school year begins!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.