27 August, 2007

First Grade

Tomorrow, Elisan begins first grade. Wow! First grade. I don't feel old enough to have a first grader.

Tonight, we meet the teacher, pick up our school supplies and uniform shirt at Orientation. I'm looking forward to meeting her teacher. Elisan is looking forward to seeing her friends.

I'm ready for school to begin, because seriously, there is only so much swimming I can endure in three months time. Plus, Elisan is going a little stir-crazy!

This year, she'll be in school until 3:30 p.m. That's an hour and a half longer than last year. That's a long day for a newly turned 6 year old. I hope my baby girl doesn't poop out at 2:00.

And, then there's Kyla... she's going to miss Elisan so much! But, I've signed KM up for a six week course of Kinderdance at our local recreation center, so she'll have something that is just for her. Since we've decided to not enroll KM in preschool this year, I've purchased some preschool materials to help give her a kick start in the right direction. And finally, there's the YMCA... we'll be going there first thing in the morning after drop off, so she'll get some playtime with other kids.

Tomorrow, I face the dreaded commute. But, I know what to expect this year and as long as we're out the door by 7:25 a.m., I'll have plenty of time! (Yikes! That's early!)

So, let the school year begin. We're geared up and ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First grade is so much fun. It was my favorite grade to teach. You will both love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.