09 July, 2007

Rough Weekend

I don't know, but something went awry over the weekend and we never quite recovered from it...

You know that old sayin', "something must've been in the water" or something like that, because everyone was getting on everyone's nerves on Saturday and Sunday.

Randy was constantly telling me to 'settle down' or 'you're too stressed out', etc. and the girls were fighting non-stop. If they weren't yelling at each other, I was yelling at them. Literally.

Just ask Randy how much fun I am to be around when I start yelling.

And, to top it off, nothing was ever good enough for my precious (or should I say precocious) nearly six year old. The crafts were not good enough, the game was not long enough, the movie was not right, the shopping did not involve buying her something new, the restaurant wasn't right... you get the gist.

And, finally... the rain. But, finally... I think we're going to see a turnaround this week in the deluge of rain we've had the last few weeks. Yippee!

There's nothing more enjoyable than two kids who are literally wiped out from a day's worth of swimming. It's mom-bliss.

So! Tomorrow? We swim. And then poop out on the couch! They'll be too tired to fight and I'll be too tired to care.

Then, we'll do it again on Wednesday!

1 comment:

I love comments! Just play nice.