13 May, 2007

Mother's Day

The girls and I as we celebrated Mother's Day today!

Yes, that's a chicken dish, if you are wondering.

Last week, Elisan was goofing off and broke my green milk glass hen salt dip. I must admit, I LOVED that hen. It was Randy's grandmother's salt dip that we inherited. I don't know why I loved it so much, but, I did.

Well, Elisan told Randy that for Mother's Day, she wanted to buy me something "glass" to replace the broken hen dish. I told Randy about an antique mall in town that sells much of anything and that I've seen hen covered salt dip dishes before.

So, off they went to the antique mall yesterday. As it turned out, there were 3 to choose from. This is the one Elisan chose.

Let me just say, that while it may not have been my first choice as a decor' item, it was to Elisan and that's all that matters to me! Look at that proud smile on her face! One day, she'll inherit it from me.

Ironically, it matched the outfit I was wearing today!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet!!:) She probably picked that hen because it matched your outfit:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! Great hen! Great big smile on E's face. What a fun thing for her to inherit. Love it!

    Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.