I'm a liar and I admit it freely. Ahem.
Let me start by saying I don't pride my self on being a liar, but reality is... I am one.
When we got the mini-van I remember telling at least one person (if not many) that the DVD player would be for long trips in the van to visit the grandparents or the like. I did not want to be one of 'those' moms who played the DVD player in the van just to zip down the road to the grocery store for milk or bread.
It began as a slippery slope of events that led up to this...my true confessional... that I am about to reveal today.
It started out as the only way Randy and I could get to have a conversation in the van on the way to run errands. "Can I put a DVD in so we can have a conversation?" is how it began.
Then, it was while we were in the pick up line at school, waiting for dismissal that I'd let KM watch a show.
Or, sitting in a traffic jam on the way to school because of the #$*@%!^ traffic on my morning commute.
And now, it's just darn near every time we get into the van. Why? Well, I'll tell you why. Because if I don't give them a distraction I end up losing my patience and I begin to get upset. Then it just... well,... it goes downhill from there. It's really for the benefit of my children that I set up a show for them on the DVD player, if not for my own sanity.
I can totally see now, why some moms insist on playing a DVD for simple trips to the store. It's saving my sanity each and every day.
Perhaps the mom who had the bright idea to just have those DVD players installed in mini-vans should be given the Nobel Peace prize... for maintaining... well, peace.
LOL! It is a slippery slope but keeping the peace and your sanity is priceless.
ReplyDeletetoo funny!!:) You are making me jealous for not having one!:)
ReplyDelete