It was a "dream" job since I was studying Criminal Justice in college. I was working at a prestigious law firm, rubbing elbows with some of the most brilliant attorneys in Texas. I have a lot of fond memories from working there. That's why when I spotted this during my weekly trip to Goodwill, I just had to get it.

For those who don't know what this is, it's a two hole punch - which is synonymous with file clerking.
I recall toting my two-hole punch from one office to the next, as I did my work. In fact, every work station and secretary had their own hole punch, but there was something about having your own hole-punch that made your work easier. Maybe it was the familiar squeak it made as you put all of your body weight on the handle to try to punch holes in 45 pages at once, I don't know.
I do know, that I needed to buy this hole punch at Goodwill for a whopping $1.99 this weekend. If anything, it brought back many memories of my file clerking days.
I've since cleaned it up and stripped off the "this is mine, don't touch it or I'll kill you" post-it note that was taped on the top of it. No two-hole punch is complete without that. But, alas, I did remove it, since I don't live in the 11th floor supply room. I know Angie would agree, that she would have bought it too, had she come across it.
Ahhhh! The two-hole punch; gotta love it! I was a whiz at opening the Acco clips, too. One hand! I quickly grabbed those folders and a hole punch when I got to Lockheed Martin, but, alas there isn't as much of a need for these things in the space industry.
ReplyDelete