29 November, 2006

I thought these became obsolete about the same time Gore invented the Internet

I received in the mail today a chain letter.

Oh, it says the same "this is not a chain letter..." blah, blah, blah... But, it's a chain letter, nonetheless.

In fact, if I send out my 20 letters (within 96 hours) to unsuspecting family and friends, I too, will come into serious cash.

Unfortunately, if I don't send out the 20 copies of this letter to "friends, relatives, associates, even people you don't know" I can stumble upon serious consequences.

Do people still do this? I'm truly astonished and slightly offended!

The funny thing is that there is no return address. The letter specifically states not to sign it and the ending states this (which is thoroughly ironic to me):

"I don't know what your beliefs are personally, but I believe in Blessings from GOD through Jesus Christ our LORD."

I've been a Christian for a long time, and if I recall correctly, God doesn't promise to bless us only when we send out 20 chain letters to friends, relatives, associates and even people we don't know. God's blessings are poured out to His people for many reasons, but chain letter ain't one of them.

Maybe whoever sent this to me, doesn't have a computer or else they would have taken the easy (and cheaper) way out and just spammed me instead.

Oh well, whoever you are, consider it broken. You wasted your $.39 on me. (And probably the remainder of you $7.41 wad on everyone else.)

1 comment:

  1. I have a cousin who still sends out chain snail mail letters. And it's the only time I get any correspondence from her! I'm with you...into the trash they go.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.