09 November, 2006

I have thanksgiving in my heart!

In honor of my friend, LA of The Pink Kitchen, I'm posting 50 Things in which I am thankful for.

My
HEART
is full of thanksgiving for...
(in no particular order)

  1. Randy, the love of my life.
  2. Elisan Rae, who is truly my Rae of Sunshine.
  3. Kyla Mae, who has my heart wrapped around her finger.
  4. My home, my fortress, my safe place.
  5. Randy's job and his abilities to do it well. And because of his job I'm capable of...
  6. Being a stay at home mom which, I have found, is my niche'.
  7. My mom, for her boldness, forthrightness and preserverance.
  8. My father, for his kind heart, loving spirit and empathy for those down-trodden.
  9. My brother, for being so utterly and completely opposite of me... At least one of us turned out right - (snicker, snicker!)
  10. My SIL, Christi who is a neat person to be around, a great wife and mom, a true inspiration.
  11. My nephews, who are strikingly handsome and darn-right sweet as can be.
  12. My BIL and SIL, who through adversity, have become a force to be reckoned with.
  13. My niece, who is beautiful and Elisan's best friend.
  14. My extended family, who has taught me that it's okay to be a red-neck.
  15. TiVo. What did I do without you for the last 32 years?
  16. My recipe collection, namely my salsa recipes.
  17. Texas! Yeehaw!
  18. My church. I've made a connection like no other.
  19. Volunteering at my church. What a difference it has made in me.
  20. My mini-van. Who would have thought that luxury is found in a mom-mobile?
  21. My Ipod. (read #15)
  22. Blockbuster Online Rentals. DVDs in the mail are pure bliss. Which brings me to #23...
  23. 24, absolutely THE BEST SHOW on TV ever! We're starting season 4 tonight on DVD.
  24. Texas A&M. Although, I'm not an Aggie, my husband is and I see the influence it has on his life.
  25. Speaking of Aggies... my friend Cyndi, who is also an Aggie (2%er). She talks faster than a speeding bullet and I catch every word. Truly, a friend 'til the end.
  26. My friend LA who, as she put it, is my kindred spirit. There's really no better way to describe it. We suit each other to a T.
  27. eBay. Which has given me a source of income over the last year.
  28. Goodwill. It's taken me a long time to discover the wealth of GW, but now that I have, I've found a little somethin' for everyone there. Just because it ain't new, doesn't mean there isn't any life left. (Just think if our men in our lives felt that way!)
  29. Clorox Ready Mop. Why is it that I'm always the last to know about cleaning products that make my life easier?
  30. My health and the health of my family. We've been blessed with tremendous health - barely a sniffle 'round here.
  31. My Lord, Jesus Christ. Without Him in my life, I'd be nothing at all.
  32. Music. Music has filled my home from as far back as I remember. I hope to carry on that legacy for my kids.
  33. Hot Wings from Wing Stop! Why hot wings? Well, because it's about the ONLY thing I cannot cook. And, because I crave them at least twice a month!
  34. Mexican Food. Living in Texas has taught me to appreciate the ART of Mexican food.
  35. Denmark. I never knew anything about the Danish culture or people until I was submerged in their country. I'm thankful for every minute I spent there. Hi Charlotte!
  36. My friend Pam. She's a great friend and I'm fortunate to have such a strong Christian influence in my life.
  37. My friend Angie, who I can call upon at any time of the day for fashion and etiquette emergencies.
  38. My friend Amanda, who to date, is my longest-running friend ever.
  39. Mommy drinks - which consist of Coffee, Soda and Hot Chocolate.
  40. "AT WAIST" jeans by Old Navy. I love these jeans! THEY.ARE.NOT.MOM.JEANS.
  41. Shopping! I'm not a shop-o-holic, because... well, I can't afford to be one. But, I love a bargain and I love telling people about it.
  42. That we've paid off the girls' college funds, so that they will be afforded the opportunity to further their educational career.
  43. The ability to be able to send Elisan to private school.
  44. Internet and email. I'd be on the phone a lot more, if it weren't for email.
  45. Instant messenger... for those times, when I just can't wait for email.
  46. H.E.B. grocery stores. The best store-brand of foods ever!
  47. Outdoor cooking. You can't beat the flavor of grilled meat.
  48. Blogosphere. What a novel concept.
  49. A good hair stylist.
  50. My ENELL bra. It has saved my self-image. That is, until I can get a boob reduction!

3 comments:

  1. Well Thanksgiving is almost here and everyone of us is listing all the things they are thankful for. And hey if you want to add a few more things on your list then just visit my Thanksgiving Blog sometime and check out all the wonderful thing that I've posted. And while you're at it do share your thoughts. Have a great Thanksgiving celebration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't talk that fast;)(hehehe)I'm so lucky to have you as a friend!! And I'm no 2%!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your list. Bravo! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.