20 October, 2006

Girl Talk

Today I just want to ramble about my girls!

We celebrated KM's birthday last week and here's a picture of her at the party.She had a great time and loved every minute of it. It was wonderful to see my family, even if the trip was brief. I'm glad to be there, but I'm as equally glad to leave. The girls have a fabulous time visitng with their grandparents and the grandparents dote on them non-stop. It also gives Randy and me a nice break from the girls - so, it is a win-win! Elisan says she's going to move there when she grows up, but I tell her that she's going to have to live with us forever and take care of us! Why is it that our grandparent's homes are always some magical place that we love and hold dear to our hearts, even as we get older?

Elisan is loving school and amazes me on a daily basis. She is learning to read and is even more quizzical than ever. Her teacher calls her "cutie-patootie" which is what I call her sometimes, which makes it even more sweet. Elisan's teacher is awesome and we love her. Sending Elisan to private school is the best sacrifice we could have ever made. I realize that now.




Elisan often says she wished she could go to the same school as some of her friends in the neighborhood, but I quickly remind her that she is very lucky to get to go to her school. I tell her that she is lucky because she gets to PRAY at school, learn about the Bible and celebrate holidays like Christmas - and learn the true meaning of it. Since Elisan has been in some type of religious education for her entire life - whether it is at church or pre-school and now, Kindergarten, she really doesn't realize that simple things like saying Grace before a meal, can be viewed as disrespectful to certain sects.

Thank God, and I say that with all sincerity, that she is living a life that teaches her she can pray and she can learn about the Bible and she can live out her life according to what God expects from us. It's just awe-inspiring to me, especially in this day and age. And even though one could argue that I'm forcing "my" values and beliefs on my children, I am not. I am, instead, giving them the greatest gift I could ever give to them.

My girls are so precious to me. Their differences amaze me. It's hard for me to not compare Kyla to Elisan --size, shape, hair color, eye color etc. They are nothing alike and they even look so very different. It's hard to tell who favors who, but I'd venture to say that personality-wise, Elisan is 50% Randy and 50% me... funny how that works, huh? KM...well, I don't know who she belongs too. She belongs to herself, yet, calls me mommy anyway.

Part of my want to keep them little forever, but the other (small) part of me can't wait to see them blossom into beautiful, thoughtful, caring young ladies. That even in this world, in this day and age, that something beautiful can come from it.

I didn't know what to title this post and had three different titles describing what I thought I would write about. This post has evolved from random thoughtless thoughts to a tribute to my girls. I love them and I'm glad to be their mom.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice tribute to your girls!! You are one proud momma!! As you should be; your girls are AWESOME!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.