Contrary to popular belief, I am not as organized as I appear to be. However, I do like to be organized, but sometimes it only comes when I'm thoroughly disgusted with the (lack of) organization of an area of my house.This brings me to the girls' craft cabinet. A few weeks ago, I posted on the weekly Blogging Photo Assignment that my favorite piece of furniture to be the antique pie shelf that belonged to Randy's grandparents. The cabinet is a great place to store the girls' stuff because of it's easy access, plus, it's in the kitchen where they do their activities, crafts and projects. It's perfect and if I didn't have this piece of furniture, I know that it would be clutter mayhem around my house.
However, when I posted the picture of the cabinet, I didn't show you what the inside looked like. And, that's because it looked like.... um,... Clutter mayhem. Despite it's appearances, everything inside was not neatly stored. Upon opening the door, something invariably always fell out! Forget about finding anything in there...
So, I tackled the cabinet and it's contents last week and this is the final outcome!
I bought those awesome plastic bins at the Dollar Tree. They are neat because the lids close in the center, but do not lock in place, so the girls can easily get inside. I separated all of their stuff and labeled it into catergories - crayons, play-doh, polly pockets, markers, paint, etc. And stuffed their coloring books and paper on the bottom. It looks great and the girls LOVE it! I love it! We're all very happy with the outcome. The best part is that NOTHING falls out when the door is opened! I have one more spot for another bin, for when they take on another activity that requires storage!Amazing how $11.00 changed my life!
Now, go out and GET ORGANIZED and post a picture for us to see!
Do you have a label maker? I love mine and would highly recommend getting one. I think mine is a P-Touch.
ReplyDeleteNope. Just plain ol address labels from the Dollar Tree (love that store!) printed on my laser printer. I'll check eBay for the label maker, though!
ReplyDeleteI love those bins. Of course, I love the Dollar Tree. I sue them for my craft supplies, too!
ReplyDelete