10 October, 2006

Down to the quick

How is it that a little person in all of her five years, can cut me down, right to the quick, in one fell swoop?

How is it that I can hear some of the worst human tragedy on the news or on the home-front, and not shed a tear... but, one comment from my little person in all of her five years, can bring me to tears?

What's worse, is that she'll never know how she hurts me, because she dosen't understand what she has done to hurt me. And really, it's not my place to tell her.

I just pray, that as the years pass and all of the love and nurturing that I show her, will help her to be more careful with people's feelings.

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo sorry!!:( If they only knew how much it hurts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/11/2006

    ((Big Hugs)), I don't think our children realize what a tight hold they have on our emotions.
    ~GINA

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.