25 August, 2006

My very own personal trainer!

I'm excited to announce that I now have a personal trainer to help me get into shape!

I've been needing to get some kind of exercise program going, but I'm not the kind of person who does well in organized classes and/or gym atmosphere... there's something about doing aerobics in a class full of women that intimidates me... not to mention that "white girl has no rhythm!"

So, I bought myself a pair of roller blades from my favorite store and a jogger stroller from my favorite online classifieds ads.

(Sidebar: I know, I know... roller blading behind a jogger stroller seems like a recipe for disaster, but really it isn't! Even with my history of roller blading, it's really easy and oh...how my booty burns! But, I digress...)

And now, to complete the equation, I now have a personal trainer!

Who, you ask? It's KM!

As soon as we come home from dropping Elisan off at school, KM brings me my skates. She reminds me to grab a bottle of water and off we go!

She even coaches me! She will say, "Fasta mommy, fasta!" over and over again.

Then as we come to an intersection, she asks me if I'm ready for "watey" and we share a drink together.

When we're done doing our mile lap (because that is all I can muster right now!) we go inside and she tells me, "I hot, mommy." and I agree. It's nice to have someone to commiserate with.

So, there you have it. My very own (free) personal trainer.

I think this is the start of a beautiful relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Just play nice.