I think I lost my dignity this weekend.
I bought a pair of roller blades last week, because we're getting Elisan some roller blades for her upcoming birthday. I figure, she'd be more apt to learn, if she saw that Mommy and Daddy could both roller blade.
So, this weekend, we all gear up on our wheels and we take to the streets.
Well, back up... they take to the streets... I am lying in the grass because I fell getting off of the driveway.
So, with some assistance from Randy, I make it to the street. Once there, I'm waving my arms like a mad-woman trying to maintain balance. Randy gives me few basic pointers and I begin to skate. I'm doing pretty good for a beginner and then I try to stop.
Let me just say, that I'm an 80's girl, and when I skated as a kid, the brakes were on the front of the skate. So, what'd I do? I didn't stop! Unless you consider hitting the pavement, as stopping.
So, shortly thereafter, we called it a day. We tried again on Sunday, and this time I did a little better, but I created my own stopping style, by doing a little turn. Its working for now.
It bugs me that I can't roller blade, because I was a great skater at one time. That was like 20 years ago, though. But, this roller blading thing... wow, it's really hard.
And, I'm sore. Now, that's pathetic!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Just play nice.