"I'm really, really, super really, telling you the truth!" she says. "Mommy. Really. I am!"
Okay, I have fallen for this little performance before, I'll admit it. But, not anymore.
Yesterday, I asked her what she wanted for lunch and she told me, "Chocolate sandwich." So, when it came time to sit down for lunch, she said, "I don't want this."
Me, "Well, you asked for it, so you are eating it."
Her, "I didn't! I super really didn't ask for a chocolate sandwich! Really!"
Randy joins in, "Yes you did, I heard you. Now, eat."
This, of course, goes on for a few minutes, which resulted in a final ultimatum from me, "You don't get down, until you eat it."
So, about 20 minutes later passes, along with a potty break and she finally decides to eat her lunch. KM has finished her lunch, but is hovering nearby.
I leave the room for two seconds... Okay, more like 2 minutes and I come back and see KM with a mouth-full of food.
I ask Elisan, "Is she eating your food?"
Elisan, "No. She super really isn't!"
I ask KM, "What's in your mouth?"
She opens her mouth to show me a mouth full of chocolate sandwich and says, "Chwocwate sawich."
So, now, not only is Elisan just lying for the sake of super really lying, and meanwhile, KM is now the family pet.
"Super Really"? That's so cute it's probably almost hard not to smile. And, I just have to know, what do you use to make the chocolate sandwich? My daughter isn't a very good sandwich eater but that sounds like something she'd eat (or at least feed to her little brother)! :)
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through the 5 minutes for mom. I loved reading your posts. I do want to know what a chocolate sandwich is though :-) I think I'd like that for lunch!
ReplyDelete