"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist
but the ability to start over."
~F. Scott Fitzgerald
but the ability to start over."
~F. Scott Fitzgerald
I witnessed a perseverance in Elisan that I've never seen in myself. She must get that from her dad. Truth be told, she is much like her dad, when it comes to perseverance.
Elisan finally learned how to swim. It was not by the help of anyone, other than herself. And the only way she learned was by trying over and over and over (and over and over and over) again. Literally.
Until finally, she looked up and said, "Mommy, watch me (for the 100th time) I'm swimming!"
And what do you know, she was.
My heart was bursting with joy, because I saw a quality in my child, that I do not possess, but often times wish I did.
Watch Elisan swim here!
Elisan finally learned how to swim. It was not by the help of anyone, other than herself. And the only way she learned was by trying over and over and over (and over and over and over) again. Literally.
Until finally, she looked up and said, "Mommy, watch me (for the 100th time) I'm swimming!"
And what do you know, she was.
My heart was bursting with joy, because I saw a quality in my child, that I do not possess, but often times wish I did.
Watch Elisan swim here!
Elisan is swimming better than Joey!!:) She's an excellent swimmer!!
ReplyDelete