Sleep is a big issue around here. Not getting enough, getting too much, just the right amount, etc.
Elisan has been out of her naps for over a year now. However, there were times when she'd "snap" ( a Short Nap) on the couch for an hour or so. It was always pure bliss...
To make a long story short, we began putting Elisan down for naps again to reduce the irritability that we dealt with from her in the evenings. It was either that, or put the poor child to bed at 6 p.m., because man oh, man, the girl turns into a pumpkin come six o'clock.
So, this strategy has been working quite well lately. Can I continue to put her down for naps when she's 15?
Kyla Mae is a good napper. However, she mildly protests when I tell her it's nap time. She will say, "No, night-night!" It's funny, even the mention of naps, bedtime, bed, bedroom, she will say, "No, night-night!"
But, here lately, she has turned on the two year old tantrums and will do a "little" more than mildly protest. There have been times, when I've had to pick her up screaming and haul her up the stairs for bed. This is only at naptime, thank goodness! By bedtime, she is usually racing us to the stairs.
Randy has been going to bed early over the last month. We're talking 8ish. But, to be fair, he is going in to work at 5:15. Poor guy, but it has something to do with managing the bone-head night shift workers during their end of shift meeting. Hopefully, this will not be a new trend! I miss my hubby in the evenings!
Which, leaves me! Because the house is super quiet by 8 o'clock, I have been staying up really late. I like the quiet. It's relaxing. I take time to surf the internet, do a little eBaying, set up some TiVO programs, or just watch mindless T.V.
So, there it is folks. The Wagner's sleeping habits. I'm sure you are a better person now, knowing how we operate around here! I know I feel better.
Goodness, I think I need a nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Just play nice.