10 August, 2015

One Proud Mama

Since I can't recap the entire last year, I suppose I can hit the highlights.

The biggest thing that I am most proud of from both of my girls, is them being awarded the highest overall GPA for their grade.  Kyla in 5th grade and Elisan in 8th grade.  They worked so hard to achieve this award and I couldn't be more proud of them.

Elisan actually set out at the beginning of the year to get the highest average.  She was a girl on a mission... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.  Elisan is a hard worker and excels at anything she puts her heart into.

Kyla, though... what a surprise!  She's a smart girl, no doubt, but she has to work hard.  And by hard, I mean, she has to really put in the effort and time.  Randy pushed her this year, no doubt, but she prevailed.  This on top of the soccer she played for Lonestar's top u11 team and three school sports.  She managed to juggle (no pun intended...) it all and pulled it off with exceptional skill.  So, proud of her!

Both girls work hard, but play hard as well.  Elisan won the CRUSADER of the YEAR award in athletics.  Kyla won the MVP award in basketball.

Elisan's volleyball team was undefeated the entire 8th grade year.  She played basketball and really enjoyed it.  She ran track again this year and has proven she's a long distance runner.  Her coach, Coach Wentrcek is excited to have her run Varsity Cross Country and Track this year knowing that she will represent well.

Kyla played school volleyball, basketball and track this year.  And while, the volleyball and basketball teams were new to the sport, Kyla stood out as the best player among them all.  She stole the show during basketball season and was very fun to watch.  In track, she ran the mile and came in first place among 5th and 6th graders.  She also placed in the long jump and in the relays.  She very nearly placed in the high jump and perhaps could have had she had more training.  (I had the privilege to coach the team again!)

All in all, it was a great school year for both girls.  It was a busy year and it flew by.

And now, the days are ticking down to the beginning of high school for Elisan and middle school for Kyla.  In fact, they start next week!  This mama is sad to see summer end once again, but know they are ready to be among friends and back to a normal routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Just play nice.