06 January, 2014

Rewind

What’s new for 2014?  Well, for me, it’s time to go back to the way things used to be.

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you probably have noticed my lackluster 2013 blogging year.  Why?

Well, because my heart is not into it anymore.  It just isn’t.  Don’t get me wrong, I love blabbering on and on about my kids.  And, they love to read about themselves on my blog.  But, about 5 years ago, I transitioned my blog from a family journal of sorts to more of a “readership” blog… catering to the blog reader by offering recipes, freebies, printables, contests, craft ideas, etc.  It was no longer a place where I felt I could brag about my family without feeling “weird” or that I was going to offend someone.  And so, the downward spiral began and so did my love for blogging. 

I’ve thought long and hard about this… At first I thought I would just shut down “Haphazard Happenstances” but I couldn’t do that—not after 8 1/2 years.  Then, I thought I’d make it private, but then I’d be emailing the password out to MY people all of the time because for sure they would not remember it.  I thought about making a new blog – for just family… but that would be ridiculous considering that was the original intent of this blog… so I just decided to rewind.

So, what does this mean?

It means that I’m going back to the way things used to be.  I’m not going to write for the “reader” but for my family and me.  It will be filled with blog entries related to the to my children, my man, my dog and of course soccer.  There will be more pictures of my people too.  My prayer is that my love for writing will come back to me, as well.

Oh, I’m sure I’ll post a recipe that was totally fabulous from time to time or some other cool stuff/projects I’m working on…  but it will be with the intention to share about my life… not share with the blog and Pinterest world.  Besides, the pay ain’t good enough anyway…  (hah!)

So, that’s it.  I quit… sort’ve.


Happy 2014!

1 comment:

I love comments! Just play nice.