22 July, 2013

Kyla lost 4 teeth today!

Back in December, Kyla's orthodontist told us that in order for Kyla's teeth to come in properly, she would have to have 2 of her adult teeth pulled.

Apparently, the LOUDEST kid I know, has the smallest mouth I know.  Who would have guessed it?

Well, because of her age, we decided it would be best to schedule her with an oral surgeon to have her teeth extracted.  No need for traumatic dentist experience so early on in life.

Today was the day and she did great!  The doctor and his staff were phenomenal!  They even allowed me to stay in the room until she was completely under anesthesia.  I was also allowed back into the room immediately when it was over.


She recovered for about 30 minutes afterwards and we were sent home.

Of course, this was not a major ordeal (thankfully), but it was worrisome, nonetheless. She is recovering nicely on the couch, watching unlimited TV and eating unlimited soft foods (read: ice cream).

Four teeth total... 2 baby teeth (that were hanging by a thread) and 2 permanent. 



3 comments:

  1. She took it like a trooper. Nothing holds Kyla back. Good job K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Mie had the same done when she was that age - only there were no baby teeth - but 4 adult ones. Worked wonders and made room for her teeth to grow in without wearing braces. All the best - and next scoop of ice cream is on me =0)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.