One thing I've recently discovered is washi tape. So cute! The girls are in the duct tape craze, but mom... well, she's in the washi tape craze.
I found this cute roll of washi tape at Hobby Lobby. Of course, I used my 40% coupon!
Here is what it looks like. Cute right?
In other news, when Randy came back from Taiwan in June, his only (meager?) request was "NO CHINESE FOOD for the rest of my life!"
Ummmm, what? We love Chinese food. AND, I've become pretty proficient in cooking Chinese food. Plus, it's one of the only styles of food where I can get the girls to eat veggies.
So, while I've backed off the Chinese food meals, I could not back away from this "Asian inspired" salad that I had rolling around in my head.
I've seen variations of this salad everywhere, so it's not new, but it was good and Randy didn't complain because it was "Asian Inspired" food, which was a win-win for us girls. (How many times do you think I can write "Asian Inspired" in one blog post?)
Grilled Chicken Chinese Salad
Ingredients:
Grilled Chicken (I used leftover grilled chicken, cold, straight out of the refrigerator).
Mixed Greens (Romain, Spinach, Baby Greens, etc.)
Bagged Mixed Cabbage (like you would buy for coleslaw)
Diced Red Bell Pepper
Sliced Green Onions
Matchstick Carrots
Canned Mandarin Orange Slices (drained)
Toppings:
LaChoy Chow Mein Noodles
(or) Crumbed Ramen Noodles
Dressing:
Kraft Light Asian (Inspired) Toasted Sesame
Directions:
Look, I'm not going to tell you how much of each ingredient to use. Add what you like, in whatever quantities you want. This salad is NOT picky...much like my husband...who has totally disrupted my Chinese food meal planning. Toss and serve.
This weekend, both girls are playing in a 3v3 Live Soccer Tournament. In July. Y'all, it's HAWT in July in Texas. Luckily, the 3v3 games are only 20 minutes long, with smaller fields. But, the play is virtually nonstop and FAST. Should make for a fun weekend... plus, it gives the girls lots of playing time.
Next week is basically our last week of summer. Once August rolls around, we'll be fast and furious with daily soccer & school volleyball practices. The girls will also have 3 soccer tournaments in August. (Again... it's gonna be HAWT!) Not to mention, Elisan's 12th birthday and the beginning of school. Can you say C-R-A-Z-Y?
So, that's all for now...just enjoying the last vestiges of summer in our household. Maybe we'll go shopping for school clothes today. 'Cause that's always an enjoyable treat for me.



What do you do with the washi tape?
ReplyDelete