Y'all. I'm tired. It literally takes every fiber of my being to drag myself out of bed. As usual, this time of year (mid-April to the end of May) is our busiest season of the year. And let me tell you... I will be so happy when summer break finally arrives. I'm tired. The girls are tired. Randy is tired. We're all just tired.
So, yeah...
I am coaching 5th and 6th grade track again this year. For the record, I love coaching track. It's so much fun and I truly enjoy seeing these kids find an event they love and do well in. But, goodness, I'm at the school 4 days a week during their PE times this year and needless to say it's chaotic. In case you didn't know.... we live quite a ways away from school, so oftentimes I will just stay at the school until it is over because well... the cost of gas is nuts and burning that much gas going back and forth from home to school multiple times a day... it just ain't worth it. So, my house and laundry are suffering the most these days. Plus our diets... because we have had to eat a lot on the road, which is YUCK... but you do what ya gotta do.
I have one more full week of track practices before our meet and then, it will be May 1st and that's when the real chaos begins with end of school stuff.
Like I said before... summer can't come soon enough.
And, then there's soccer. Soccer everyday... soccer on the weekends... soccer games 100 miles away... indoor/outdoor practices... we are the family that lives and breathes soccer right now.. which is kind of embarrassing. I mean... we have become the family that most people, "tsk, tsk" about. Part of me wants to say... just wait 'til your kid is old enough and you are running them around to their various practices, meetings, events, etc. And, it doesn't just have to be sports related. It can be orchestra, drama, dance, chess club, Girl Scouts, etc. Ours just happens to be soccer. So, hold your "tsk, tsk" for now.
But, y'all, as crazy as our life seems right now, I know looking back on it, perhaps the only thing I wish I would have done differently was NOT complain about it... because truth be told... this is just a season of life and I know I will miss it once it's over. (Sniff) Makes me want to have more kids so I can relive it. (Did I just say that out loud?)
My Elisan has been such a joy lately. She's becoming so mature and interesting to talk to. I pray that the joy of these pre-teen years are an indication of what her actual teenage years will be. She's so easy to get along with, doesn't give us a lick of trouble and is just a true blessing to us. I am immensely proud of her in every area of her life. I know there are times when she gets frustrated or feels "wronged", but I pray that these times will build up her inner strength rather than tear her down.
Stepping onto my soapbox... I think a lot of what we are doing at home... no cell phones, no texting, no Facebook, no instagram, no sleepovers, limited television and music influence has made a big difference in how she behaves with us and in public situations. Now, I realize... as she gets older, we'll have to loosen the reigns a bit and allow her more privileges, but for now... it works for us. Plus, she's too busy with school and soccer (and too exhausted in the evening) to even think about the stuff her friends are consuming themselves with. And too busy to spend time with kids who may or may not be the best influence on her (in actions, words and attitude.)
And Kyla Mae... she's just so darn cute and funny and happy... but I will add sassy to the mix. Kyla is a bit more impressionable and I've seen it affect her this year. She's glommed onto one particular girl this year, who by all accounts, is a nice enough girl, but who most certainly has "attitude" with a capital "A". I've had to call Kyla out on several things that she has said or mimicked in direct relationship to this child's behavior and let her know that what she is doing is not acceptable. Y'all. This has been hard to do. Because NEVER have I seen such an influence attach itself to my child. I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, these two will be separated next year in the 4th grade. I need to start sending up prayers NOW for this.
In soccer news, Kyla and Elisan are both doing so well. Randy and I could not be happier with how they both are progressing. Kyla is definitely talented in all things soccer and has potential to be a great athlete. Elisan still has to work hard, but I know that her hard work will eventually pay off.
I leave you with this.... Kyla invited her third grade teacher to her soccer game last weekend and SHE CAME. Miss Hurt has been such a blessing to Kyla this year and we're so blessed to have her a part of our lives. Miss Hurt is an amazing Christian woman, who is passionate about God and His children. Her expectations are high and all of her students strive daily to meet or exceed her expectations. They love her just as much and she loves them.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Just play nice.