Here's what I'm talking about. I was sorting through seasonal clothes yesterday... stuffing away sweaters and jackets and pulling out shorts and tshirts... (YES... it's February... YES, the high is going to be 80 degrees today.... YES, Randy laughs at me every year when I "think" winter is over...) and TJ decided that he needed to be in the center of what I was doing. So, he just hopped into the storage bag and took a little nap.
But, I will say, there has been a down side to all of this "being with me every single second of the day" and that is, I have become "HIS" and he thinks he's the boss of me, aka. Small Dog Syndrome. It had gotten so bad, that he was growling at Elisan when she'd approach me when he was sitting in my lap, etc.
So, anyway... over the last three weeks we've had to re-program his little brain into a more submissive dog role... which means... walking behind--not ahead (on the stairs), being invited to sit next to us on the furniture, crated or put outside when we eat, absolutely NO sleeping in our bed, etc. Since then, he's back to his old self.
Being the "big dog in the house" is stressful for little dogs and essentially, the entire household. We're just so blessed to have an easily adaptable dog.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Just play nice.