If you recall, over a year ago I declared that I was kicking the Facebook habit for good for a number of reasons. Well, I'm here to tell you, that it's been 14 months since I've deactivated my Facebook account and I have no regrets! So, without further ado...
Here are my 10 take-away's from my year+ without Facebook:
- I don't begin sentences with "I saw on Facebook that..."
- My face is not buried in my phone checking to see if anyone validated my status update.
- I don't get an obscene amount of emails from Facebook.
- I don't get friend requests from people I barely know.
- I no longer have to endure Fakebook and "Me, Me, Me!!!" status updates of people I barely know.
- I'm no longer bombarded with other people's political beliefs because let's face it... you aren't going to change a person's beliefs by anything you post on Facebook.
- I no longer have to "hide" people that are offensive.
- I no longer make up status updates in my head about Every. Single. Event. In. My. Life.
- I know who my REAL friends are.
- My brain no longer has to absorb other people's noise.