So, I have no title other than what you see. For now, it will do, but I'll be honest... it doesn't speak to me.
Randy's company sent him a FITBIT Ultra about a month ago as a nice little gift. It's supposed to be a "we're a company that believes in healthy lifestyles" type thingy, which... hey, is pretty cool if you ask me. Anyway... since Randy is not into wearing a little gadget that tracks his every move, he passed it along to me.
I have to say, I like the FITBIT. It will estimate your burned calories for the day, track your sleep (and sleep pattern - awake/sleep), track floors climbed, etc. You can also log your food intake via desktop or app and it will track your caloric intake. Pretty nifty. (Calculations are based on your age, weight, height, etc.)
Might be a cool little Christmas present for that hard to buy for person on your list!
Okay, so this is going to seem like a weird little story, but here goes. So, I was browsing Pinterest the other day and a friend pinned a cute little pup on her Christmas Wish List. The pup was a white fluffy and he looked remarkably like TJ... only the breed was a Coton De Tulear. I had never heard of this breed of dog, but couldn't get over the fact that that dog looked so much like TJ.
See, here's the thing... I've always had a sneaking suspicion that TJ was not a true Maltese. Why? Well, because his coat is not silky like a Maltese's coat. Instead, it is cottony and puffy. Second, Maltese dogs are small and petite averaging between 5-7 lbs. TJ is a whopping 10lbs. Still small, but not Maltese small. Even the vet agreed he was too big to be a Maltese.
We adopted TJ from a family that bought the dog from a lady who claimed that he was Maltese, but they didn't have papers yadda, yadda, yadda... so, it was by word of mouth that he was a Maltese. I can just hear it now...
"Well, Bubba, whatcha think this here dog is?"
"I don't know Sissy... must be one of those fancy Maltese dogs because of it's white hair, dontcha think?"
"Well, I'll be... you must be right about that. He IS a Maltese dog then."
And so... TJ was declared a Maltese.
But, after researching the Coton De Tulear, we're under the distinct impression that he is NOT a Maltese, but a Coton. Here's why...
- Coton is the French word for Cotton. Like the name suggests the most conspicuous feature of the Coton De Tulear is its coat, which is cottony or fluffy rather than silky. (White Fluffy Cotton)
- Height: 10-12 inches; Weight: 12-15 pounds (Yep and Yep!)
- Very friendly, gentle, affectionate, and alert. Very attached to its home and master. The Coton makes a great watchdog. (Like he's only the BEST dog in the world!)
- He's related to the Bichon Frise and Maltese but has his own distinct style. (Well, duh...)
- When your doorbell rings, the Coton may bark once, then politely accompany you to the door to greet your guest. (I could have written this description myself! This is exactly what TJ does!)
- He likes to "talk" to his people, using his own special language of unique vocalizations, including grunts and growls. (Yep... he "talks" to us often.)
I mean... c'mon. Any one of these dogs could pass for TJ, right?
So, we've decided that TJ is a Coton dog and will henceforth refer to him as such. Who's gonna dispute it?
Formula One is coming up in less than two weeks. Unfortunately, BOTH girls have soccer tournaments the SAME. EXACT. WEEKEND. as the race. Que lastima. Luckily, it's a three day event with pre-race practice sessions on Friday. So, we've decided to take the girls out of school so we can at least enjoy some F1 festivities, since we can't attend the actual race.
I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but we have front row seating in the main grandstand right in front of the finish line and pit crew area. Should make for a fun and exciting day!
We'll be right here... with ear plugs...
That's all for today my friends. Enjoy this beautiful day that the Lord has made.




You can blog dump any time you want, I can't at least not in public. I want one of those gizmos, googling it.
ReplyDeleteWell lucky you - cause a Cotton dog is VERY expensive here and I know people who have been on a waiting list for nearly a year to get such a pup. Especially because they are perfect for families who could not own a dog due to allergy concerns. TJ is cute and now officially a CdT dog.
ReplyDelete