The girls and I just got back from visiting our parents. Every summer, the girls are "lavished" by the grandparents (both sets!) with fun trips, events and cool stuff to do. This year was no different.
We took a trip to Galveston. The girls especially loved the ferry boat... go figure! The girls also posed in front of Randy's all time favorite store... "Col. Bubbie's Strand Surplus Senter". They sell military gear.
Here's a picture of a yellow and black swallowtail butterfly. Pretty
The girls spent some time with their cousin Brandon, who is currently living with my folks for the summer while he works at one of the local plants.
And finally, while we were away, I got a call from the orthodontist's office notifying me that Elisan's design for a t-shirt contest WON first place! The prize?? A Kindle Fire! She's super excited (as you can imagine!)
Way to go, Elisan!

Congrats E! WE also used ot go to Galveston and my dad was always one to get lost in Col. B's for hours. I think it was payback for all the shopping he endured with us girls over the many years.
ReplyDeleteKendi
That is why I hadn't seen/heard from you. I was thinking you were on your big trip, thus the email. Congrats E! I wonder where she gets her design talent.
ReplyDeletehey you won! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! yea!!! http://thecoffeeblogs.blogspot.com/2012/07/40-i-won.html
ReplyDelete