Saturday morning, I woke up from a really vivid dream. I rolled over and nudged Randy awake and I told him about my dream. I dreamt that he was offered a job in Denmark working for the same company he worked for previously.
(For those of you that don't know, Randy took a job in Denmark over 8 years ago. The job was a temporary assignment and we were there for only 6-7 months, but we have very fond memories of the overall experience.)
Well, Randy called me yesterday morning from work and he said, "Tell me about your dream about a job offer in Denmark again." I told him and then he said, "I just got offered a job in Denmark." (The job was at the same company he worked for previously, but this time, he was offered a manager position.)
As you can imagine, I began freaking out! I mean, who dreams about a job offer in Denmark only for it to come to pass 3 days later?! (And really, 8 years later from the time he first worked there?)
Y'all, I was ready to pack my bags, sell the house and move! I was so excited about the prospect of moving back to Denmark, especially now that the girls are 8 and 10 years old (not 8 weeks and 2 years old) that I could hardly sit still. Randy even seriously considered the job offer, but ultimately, he turned down the position.
I know that moving to Denmark right now is not feasible with our current lifestyle, kids established in school and all of the other things we have going on at the moment. But, don't think for a second I wasn't giddy with excitement. In fact, I'm a little sad that Randy could not accept the offer.
But seriously... the dream foreshadowing the offer? That's very strange. (Anyone have any thoughts about this?!)
So, sigh of relief... my computer is fixed! Apparently, I clicked on a rogue link that inevitably sucked the life out of my computer. What's weird is that I'm pretty good about NOT clicking on random/weird links. Randy thinks the rogue link was disguised as a link from our virus scanner. Clever, no? Those computer hackers are getting too smart for us.
After reformatting the hard drive, I can happily say that my computer is back to normal. And I cannot say enough about having a back up system for your computer. Had it not been for my massive external hard drive... well, let's just say... I would still be in bed right now... grieving.
The moral of the story is... get thyself to an electronic store and buy a big 'ol back up drive and save everything there.
And I leave you with this. Another installment of "Not For The Squimish"!
These photos are from the weekend games. Elisan is number 33. That's my girl!
Girl I totally have dreams that come true. Sometimes they are from God and sometimes I have no idea where they come from...taco night? That is pretty crazy though. You SURE you aren't supposed to move there?:)
ReplyDeleteHow strange was that - but how we would have loved to have you over again. Hope the GF diet helps Elisan grow a bit more. Hugs PS Breakfast was outside our house in France - it is not that mild here yet. But today was a nice spring day in DK.
ReplyDelete