Speaking of rain, dear God, please send us some rain. Not only to help us with the drought situation, but also with the raging wildfires that are plaguing this area. We need you on this one Lord!
And speaking of wildfires, one of Randy's friends lost their home to the fires in Bastrop on Sunday. Thankfully, they were out of town for the long weekend and no one was injured. I cannot imagine what they are going through... them and the 500+ other families going through the same thing all throughout Central Texas. I pray that the loss of life continue to be minimal and that the fires will be contained quickly.
In other news, it has recently come to my attention that I have not posted pictures from the girls' first day of school. Better late than never? I know, I can hardly believe that I have been remiss in adding their back to school picture. It's certainly NOT like me. The girls are loving school this year, which is always a blessing. So happy to have kids who not only love school, but who want to do well and work hard.
Elisan (5th grade/age 10)
Kyla (2nd grade/age 7)
As you may recall, Elisan made the "Rock the Flock" praise and worship team at school. Their first time on stage was this week and they did an amazing job! I was so proud of my ROCKER!
And since I don't want to leave out my youngest, here's a picture of Kyla hard at work during soccer practice. Randy takes the girls out each evening and works with them for about an hour. Their skills have vastly improved and it's been a good bonding experience for him and them. I'm so thankful for a husband who takes time out of his day to spend time with his kids!
We covet your prayers here in Central Texas. Please remember us.

Hard to believe those fires are still going in Bastrop Miss your face and miss your girls at our house.
ReplyDeleteHope the fires have ended. Look at these two and their Back to school photo - makes me smile to see them and lovely to hear they really like school. Sorry for not being here as often as normally - will email you with the reason.
ReplyDelete