09 May, 2011

Blog Brain Dump

This is going to be quick and I'm going to admit, I'll probably not proofread this entry... which really isn't anything new, but I thought I'd throw that disclaimer out there. Just for grins.

So, this weekend was Mother's Day. And let me say, I'm truly blessed beyond measure. And not just because they gave me bling for Mother's day, but because my two little girls and awesome husband are just th' bomb. No seriously, they are.

And speaking of bling... Randy took the girls to Hannah D's so they could each pick out a thing or two for Mother's day. And when I say bling, I mean... bling. Kyla picked out a necklace set for me that can only be descibed as the "crown jewels" but in turquoise. Um, yeah. Honestly, I want to love it, I really do, but something tells me I won't be going to prom anytime soon.

I gently told her that although I LOVE what she picked out for me, my wardrobe doesn't have anything that would qualify for such blingity bling and that maybe we should go back and pick something out that mommy would indeed be able to wear. She happily agreed because she's a girl and loves the opportunity to shop.

Speaking of shopping (how about that for a segue...) I've found something "new" to me that I love. Y'all, I'm not very adventurous when it comes to milk (or milk type products). I like 1% milk and I've always been happy with it. Until HEB had their Almond Milk on sale the other day for $1.00 off. I bought a 1/2 gallon of the unsweetened vanilla flavored Almond Milk and OH.MY.GOODNESS! It's like dessert in a glass. And for 40 calories per 8oz... I'm hooked. Apparently Almond Milk has similar nutrients as regular milk, but with less calories. It also has less protein than cow's milk, but I don't lack in the protein department. I definitely recommend trying it. It took a time or two for me to embrace the flavor, but now, I really love it! (photo credit: www.savingwithshellie.com)

Tomorrow, the girls' are going on a Hummer Limo ride to Gattiland as a prize for raising a certain amount of money for the school's fundraiser. Yep, a Hummer Limo. Fancy, right? So, I got a call last week asking if I wanted to chaperone a group of kids who were also going on the limo ride and my answer, "HECK YEAH!" So, tomorrow, I too will be riding in a Hummer Limo. I'll definitely get pictures and post them later this week.

Maybe my prom necklace will come in handy afterall?

2 comments:

  1. My fam loves that milk, it is too sweet for me. Congrats girls, all 3 of u

    ReplyDelete
  2. SURE it will - you could even have worn a crown that day. Looks like a fun day. Girls are getting SO big !! Life a bit hectic - will e-mail you in a week or so. THANKS for the camo-paper download - the ladies at OSH looooved it. =0)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.